Bekas perdama menteri Malaysia mengumumkan keluar dari parti UMNO di Kedah jam 12.35 19 Mei 2008.
“I am quitting Umno today,” he told about 1,000 people, mostly Kedah Umno members, at a talk here on Monday.
“I will write a letter to Umno headquarters to inform that I have quit the party,” he said.
Punca utama Tun keluar parti adalah sudah hilang kepercayaan terhadap kepimpinan parti yang diterajui olah Dato Seri Abdullah Badawi, terutama prestasi menurun pilihanraya yang baru berlalu. Ditanya oleh pemberita apakah beliau akan kembali semula kepada UMNO jika Perdana Menteri turun dari jawatan, beliau menjawab “Ya”.
Berikut adalah sejaran kronologi Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad dalam arena politik Malaysia.
- 1946: Joined United Malays National Organisation (Umno).
- 1947: While a medical student, he wrote extensive anti-colonial commentaries in Malay newspapers under the pen-name “Che Det”.
- 1957: Resigned from government service as a doctor. Starts private practice.
- 1964: Entered active politics as Kota Star Selatan MP.
- 1965-1969: Member, Umno Supreme Council.
- Sept 1969: Expelled from Umno for disciplinary reasons. Re-admitted on March 7, 1972.
- June 1972: Elected a member of the Umno Supreme Council with the highest number of votes. in the election for an Umno Vice-President post.
- Dec 1972: Appointed a Senator by the Kedah State Legislative Assembly.
- 1974-2004: MP for Kubang Pasu, Kedah.
- Sept 1974: Education Minister.
- June 1975: Umno Vice-President.
- March 1976: Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Education.
- 1977: Acting Chairman, Umno Liaison Committee, Malacca.
- Jan 1978: Deputy Prime Minister & Trade and Industry Minister.
- May 1978: Chairman, Perak Umno Liaison Committee.
- Sept 1978: Umno Deputy President.
- June 1981: Barisan Nasional Chairman.
- June 1981: Umno President.
- July 16 1981: Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia, Minister of Defence (until 1986) and Minister of Home Affairs (until 1999).
- July 17 1987: Umno Political Bureau Chairman.
- Feb 16 1988: Pro-tem President of Umno Baru. Umno was declared an illegal society on Feb 4, 1988.
- Dec 1993: Kelantan Umno Chairman. Chairman, Politics and Constitution Committees of the Supreme Council.
- Sept 1998-Jan 1999: Finance Minister. June 2001 – Finance Minister.
- June 22 2002: Announced his intention to resign from all political and government posts at the final day of the 56th Umno assembly. Appeals from Umno Supreme Council members.
- Oct 31 2003: Retired as PM and Umno president after 22 years.
- Sept 2006: Fails in bid to be an Umno delegate for the Umno general assembly coming in ninth out of 15 contestants in the Kubang Pasu division.
- May 19 2008: Quits Umno
resource: thestar, berita terkini tv3
Sabtu / 10 Mei 2008 / 05 Jamadil Awal 1429
Hari hari gembira untuk kami sekeluarga. Hani dah dibenarkan untuk discharge dari wad selapas mendapat pengesahan dari Doktor Pakar yang merawat dia. Syukurlah …. Allah dah perkenankan doa doa kami semua agar menjaga dan memberikan kesihatan secukupnya kepada Nur Hani. Doktor kata dia dibenarkan balik dengan bersyarat supaya Nur Hani mengikuti temujanji temujanji susulan dengan doktor pakar ikut tarikh yang telah diberi dan dia pesan kalau ada apa apa yang pelik agar segera dibawa ke hospital. Syukurkan masa masa kritis dulu dah berlalu, semoga Nur Hani sentiasa dipelihara Allah s.w.t.
Ahad / 04 Mei 2008 / 28 Rabiul Akhir 1429
Hari ini genaplah hari ke 40 Hani berada dihospital. Nasib baiklah Hospital Kajang tu dekat jer dengan rumah lebih kurang 1.5 kilometer jer … kalau tak ‘penat’ jugak aku suami isteri nak melawat hari hari, terutamanya dia kena breast feed tapi kena ‘perah’ masuk dalam bekas sebab dia tak pandai menetek lagi. Hari ini berat dia dah naik 1.7 kilo, tadi petang Hospital telepon mintak ibu dia datang duduk dalam wad bersama anak. Nampak happy betul orang rumah aku petang ni hari ni dia dibenarkan menjaga dan tinggal bersama ‘puterinya. Kalau dah ibu tinggal bersama aku agak 1-2 minggu lagi mungkin Hani akan dibenarkan pulang.
Semoga Hani Sentiasa Mendapat perlindungan Allah s.w.t.
Here is TOP 50 GOAL
First of all, terima kasih pada begz85 yang bersusah payah menyediakan video klip Top 50 goal ini. Best jugak melayan video ni… boleh tengok koleksi gol gol yang cantik dan “amazing” dari dulu hingga sekarang … boleh dikatakan WORLD CLASS GOAL la koleksi ini. Sapa yang ada banyak masa lapang boleh la tengok video ni …. runtime klip ni lebih kurang hampir 30 minit. Well enjoy!!
Arsenal are recognised as one of the giants of English football and a consistent challenger for top honours. Arsenal, under the leadership of enigmatic Frenchman Arsene Wenger, shook off their ‘boring’ image and began to serve up some of the most attractive football in the league.
Thanks in the early days to the immense influence of Tony Adams and the astute signings of players such as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira – now departed for Juventus – and Freddie Ljungberg, Arsenal climbed back to the top of the pile. Their rise culminated in a second Premier League and FA Cup double in 2002, to add to their 1998 achievement.
Three runners-up finishes in the intervening years displays how the north London giants have lived up to their high standards over the last decade.
The famous old Arsenal defence has a new look these days, but the replacements, and the recruits to midfield and atack – including talented young Spaniard Jose Reyes- have done enough to assure fans that they can live up to achievements of their predecessors.
The Gunners added a third Premiership crown to Wenger’s reign as their astonishing and unprecedented unbeaten run throughout the entire 2003/04 season saw them lift the title.
The 2006/07 season saw the Gunners move away from Highbury – their home for the prevous 93 years – to the plush new Emirates Stadium.
London’s most successful Premier League club was formed by workers at the Royal Arsenal, Woolwich and was initially known as Dial Square before adopting the name Royal Arsenal in 1886.
Renamed Woolwich Arsenal in 1891, they moved to Highbury in 1913 and dropped the prefix. They had to wait until the 1930s for their first period of sustained success when five Division One championships were won under Herbert Chapman and George Allison.
Another pair of league throphies were lifted soon after the Second World War before further success arrived with the league and F A Cup Double in 1971. More near misses came before George Graham, a hero of 1971, was named manager in 1986 and the glory days returned.
Two league titles, two league cups and the European Cup Winner’s Cup were garnered during his nine-year reign.
Frenchman Arsene Wenger wa named Gunners boss in1996 and the roll of honour continued. A first Premier League title made uo half of the club’s second double in 1998. Their second Premier League title in 2002 – when they ended the season on a 28- game domestic unbeaten run – was also coupled with victory in the F A Cup final.
Wenger guided the Gunners to the Champions League final in 2006. Their hopes were dented by the early dismissal of goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, but Sol Campbell’s header gave the north London side a half-time advantage. However, Barcelona hit back with two late goals to clinch the title in Paris.